Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 15: Healing


Today is a day of healing.

I picked Gwyddion up at the animal hospital this early afternoon. He is better, but has some healing to do. So I took him home, walked him a few times to make sure he was comfortable, and we both had a healing nap.

My SI joint is acting up, probably due to stress about Gwyddie, among other things. My butt is on ice again.

I am getting the last of my preparations together for my workshop tomorrow in Western MA. (I was sad not to be able to attend the show on Fri, but family must come first.) This Shamanic Bellydance Intensive is also not only for dance, but it is a medicine workshop, a time to learn healing and spiritual journeying through art. It's something that I enjoy teaching immensely, as I get to see the transformations that we can go through with dance as a shamanic form. I am also transformed each time I teach it, and I am glad for this opportunity tomorrow.

I will miss Gwyddie tomorrow, but Mike will be home with him all day. Then I'm back home on Sunday night.

Article by Aepril (me!), originally published in Belly Dance New England: "Shamanic Bellydance".

I ate fairly well, making up for yesterday's stress induced Denny's excursion. :)

Breakfast:
-Granola cereal with soy milk
-coffee

Lunch:
Hummus, calamata olives, cucumbers, organic spring mix with apple cider vinegar and olive oil, whole rye bread. Sparkling water with a bit of cranberry juice.




1 comment:

  1. Aepril -
    Thank you for creating this blog and sharing your journey...
    Your wonderful talent of writing and expression are influencing me to think differently, plus take a closer look at how I approach the day.
    Big healing hugs to Gwyddie!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete