Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 3: Healing and strength

I am kinda high right now!

13 years ago, yoga changed my life. I had been in so much chronic neck pain from injuries sustained as a little kid; yoga took much of that pain away, strengthening me and stretching me body and spirit.

I practiced yoga for 10 years before a second car accident gave me whiplash that was so severe that I had to stop. Because the accident involved a forward strain in my neck along with neurological damage, such things as sun salutations had been beyond me for some time. My nervous system would protest with shocks, burning, and numbness, dizziness and nausea.

3 and 1/2 years later, I am so glad that I have stuck with the healing process. I have continued to work my way back to core strength with Pilates and gentle Hatha yoga.

Today I completed my first non-stop Vinyasa yoga session in a long time!!! It has been a while since my nerves and joints have been able to tolerate this style of vigorous yoga, but all went well. It felt great!!

Completed today:
-Light (for me, not Gwyddie!) morning walk to dog park. Chasing Gwyddie at park in small sprints.
-Yoga: 45 min
-Mediation: 20 mins
-Woods walk with Gwyddie: 1 hour, 2 miles
-Bellydance drills: 30 min

No comments:

Post a Comment